Axus Q3 filler Review
Axus Q3 filler is a rapid drying filler for repairs of any size/thickness, and fine smoothing before painting.
Does not flash or remain noticeable when over-coated with two coats of most good quality emulsions.
Recoatable in 3 hours*
Holds extremely well onto most substrates, even glazed tiles & old oil-based paint
Contains marble dust for a very fine, durable finish
ADHERES TO: Plaster, plasterboard, old painted surfaces, other fillers, cement, concrete, aerated concrete & more.
APPLY WITH: Filling knife or broad knife.
SETS IN: 30 to 40 mins
RECOAT IN: *3 hours as a guideline, but this varies depending on ambient conditions and the nature of the substrate.
Tip: Vary mixing ratio according to application; mix into a mastic-like paste for heavy refilling
- Mixed easily and was useable for around 30 minutes.
- Easy to apply, and was dry enough to sand after about 5 hours.
- It dries more of a grey colour than the off white claimed.
- It didn’t sink even on deeper filled areas.
- The biggest issue was sanding down, the lads reported that it dries really hard and rubbing down was difficult.
- Once rubbed down the paint seem to take to it and adhere well.